Last Updated: September 10, 2019
Acceptance of Agreement
These Terms govern your access and use of the Services offered by FedNet and any information displayed on the Platform. By using the Services, you are indicating your acceptance of this Agreement, which thereby becomes a binding contract between you and FedNet. You represent that you are legally able to accept these Terms, and affirm that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. FedNet’s acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Services are not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of 13. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirement.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your account are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
FedNet reserves the right to revise and update these Terms from time to time in its sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when posted. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Use of the Services
Our Services uses proprietary speech and speaker recognition technology to transform voice conversations into legible text. Among other things, FedNet’s use of technology makes voice conversations searchable like email or other text communications. The service also enables you to share conversations and associated transcripts with others.
FedNet will make the Services available to you. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services, including the high-speed internet.
Rules of Conduct
- There are rules of conduct that you must follow when you use the Services. You must not:
- Use the Services in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- Infringe upon or violate FedNet’s Copyright or intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- “Harvest” (or collect) information from the Platform using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so);
- Use automated means to access the Platform, or gain unauthorized access to the Platform or to any account or computer system connected to the Platform;
- Obtain, or attempt to obtain, unauthorized access to areas of the Platform or our systems;
- “Flood” the Platform with requests or use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Platform;
- Circumvent or reverse engineer the Platform or its systems;
- Manipulate or forge identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information posted on the Platform or otherwise provided to us or our employees;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate FedNet, an FedNet employee, another user, or any other person or entity;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; or
- Engage in any other conduct that interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm FedNet or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
- Share Platform content with others in an effort to circumvent additional subscriptions.
- The use of the Services is done at your own discretion and risk and with the agreement that you will be solely responsible for Customer Data and the consequences of recording, submitting and publishing Customer Data on or through the Services.
Monitoring and Enforcement
FedNet may review conduct for compliance purposes. FedNet is not responsible for the content of any of your materials, recordings, videos, pictures, data, information, content, or files (“Customer Data”) or the way you choose to store or process any Customer Data on the Platform.
FedNet reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in our sole discretion against anyone who violates these Terms. FedNet have the right to:
- Remove any Customer Data;
- Take any action with respect to any Customer Data that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such Customer Data violates the Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users or the public, or could create liability for FedNet;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services; or
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Platform. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS FEDNET AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review any material before it is uploaded to or posted on the Platform, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. FedNet has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
The Services, including the Platform and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including, but not limited to, all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by FedNet, its affiliates, licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
FedNet, its affiliates and licensors are and shall continue to be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights associated with the Services. You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Platform or the Services unless explicitly authorized in these Terms or by the owner(s) of the materials.
FedNet grants to Customer a non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited license to use the Services in accordance with this Agreement and its intended purposes only. Except for allowing you to use the Services as set forth herein, you are not receiving any other license or any other rights, including intellectual property or other proprietary rights of FedNet. You understand that you have no rights to the Platform or Services or any other FedNet property except as indicated in these Terms. All of our rights not expressly granted by this license are hereby retained.
FedNet always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about the Services. If you send us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Services, we may or may not use it. Customer grants us an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, transferable, royalty-free license to use any such feedback or suggestions for any purpose without any obligation or compensation to Customer.
Registration and Account Security
To use certain features or areas of the Services, you will be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of a registration or login process and to create an account (“Account”). In addition, certain features of the Services are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the Services you will be required to log in using your username and password. In connection with such registration, FedNet may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a username (or email address) or screen name that is already being used by someone else, that may be construed as impersonating another person, that belongs to another person, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is offensive, or that FedNet rejects for any other reason in its sole discretion.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You are responsible for all activity occurring when the Services are accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. FedNet is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or Account information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
FedNet has the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
Certain of our Services are subject to payments now (the “Paid Services”). Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for Paid Services are deemed part of this Agreement. FedNet may use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account (your “Billing Account”). The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. FedNet is not responsible for errors by the Payment Processor.
By utilizing the Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, in accordance with the applicable payment terms. FedNet reserves the right to change its prices and to offer discounts and temporary promotions. You agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid, non-expired credit card on file with us while engaging in fee-based activities on our Services. You agree that if you do not maintain a valid, non-expired card on file with us during any billing attempt, you may be subject to interest and penalties. You irrevocably and expressly authorize FedNet to withhold any monies and/or debit any monies from any account that you have identified to FedNet for any chargebacks, fees, costs, deductions, adjustments and any other amounts owed to FedNet.
Fees are stated exclusive of any taxes, levies, duties, or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction (collectively, “Taxes”). Customer will be responsible for paying all Taxes associated with its purchases, except for those taxes based on our net income.
Term and Termination
You may stop using our Services at any time. FedNet may terminate or suspend your access to or ability to use any and all Services at any time, without prior notice or liability, for any reason or no reason. In particular, FedNet may immediately terminate or suspend your Account if you are in breach of these Terms or if your Account has been flagged for oversharing of platform content. Upon termination, we will refund you any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions after the effective date of termination. Termination of your access to and use of the Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to FedNet.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE PLATFORM, AND ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS THEREIN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, THE PLATFORM, AND ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER FEDNET NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH FEDNET MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR THE PLATFORM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER FEDNET NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH FEDNET REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, THE PLATFORM, AND ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS THEREIN WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES, THE PLATFORM, AND ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS THEREIN WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, FEDNET HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
FEDNET MAY ALTER, SUSPEND, ADD TO, OR DISCONTINUE THE SERVICES IN WHOLE OR IN PART AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, WITHOUT NOTICE OR COST. FEDNET ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ABILITY TO (OR ANY COSTS OR FEES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ABILITY TO) OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. FEDNET DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR THE FAILURE TO STORE OR MAINTAIN ANY CUSTOMER DATA, USER COMMUNICATIONS, ACCOUNT INFORMATION, OR PERSONAL SETTINGS. THE SERVICES MAY BECOME UNAVAILABLE DUE TO MAINTENANCE OR MALFUNCTION OF COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SERVERS, OR OTHER REASONS.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTS OR OMISSIONS TAKEN OR MADE IN RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION. YOU AGREE THAT FEDNET HAS MADE NO AGREEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FEDNET, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, THE PLATFORM, OR ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS THEREIN, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL FEDNET’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE LESSER OF (I)THE AGGREGATED AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO FEDNET DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, OR (II) $1,000.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FedNet, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, your Customer Data, any use of the Platform content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Platform.
- All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and indemnification.
- No Waiver; Severability. No waiver of by FedNet of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters relating to the Services and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, the Services and these Terms shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, together with our Privacy Notice, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and FedNet concerning the Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com or at the following mailing address:
Attention: Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 76608
Washington, DC 20013